Zucchini - Pineapple Quick Bread
This is the best zucchini bread recipe that I have come across. The bread is very moist, yet holds its shape without breaking apart.
Recipe type: Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred the zucchini. I use a food processor to do this.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in large bowl.
- Fold in nuts and dried cranberries.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- I used one loaf pan and one baking tube* since I was making the bread for a get-together. I will freeze the loaf for later.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing bread from pans.
- *Baking Tube Instructions:
- Spray vegetable shortening inside tube and inside caps prior to using.
- Place a double thickness of parchment paper or foil over bottom of tube and then put the cap on.
- Only fill star tube ½ full. The others may be filled ⅔ full depending on recipe. (With my Banana Bread recipe I could only fill the tubes ½ way.)
- From: http://baking.about.com/od/breads/ht/bakingwithtubes.htm