Grandma’s Baked Potato Soup
- 4 Lg Baked Potatoes, skins on
- 2 14 oz Cans Chicken Stock
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1.2 c Flour
- 1 C. Cream
- 4 Green Onions
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crisp Bacon
- Combine butter and flour in a separate pan and make a roux.
- Add chicken broth to roux and stir slowly to mix together. Add chopped potatoes.
- Cook until thick. When potatoes are boiling add the cream. Chop the green onions and add to soup.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Add milk if soup is too thick. Garnish with cheese and crisp fried bacon cut into pieces. Also add a few green onions if so desired.