Recipe type: Convenience Meals
Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 c. uncooked Macaroni
- 1½ c. Milk
- 1 c. Velveeta, cubed
- ½ c. Butter or Margarine plus 2 Tbs. (Reserve the 2 Tbs. for later use)
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Mild
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook and drain the 2 cups of uncooked macaroni. Set aside.
- Melt ½ cup of the butter (or margarine) and add 2 Tbs. flour. Stir to make a paste.
- Add 1½ cups of milk. Microwave for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Line the crockpot with a liner or spray with cooking spray to coat sides.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the sauce. Stir to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the 1 cup of cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until creamy.
- Place this mixture in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the macaroni mixture and add the 2 Tbs of butter over the top.
- Set the crockpot to high setting.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Triple the recipe to make a full 6 quart crockpot. This will serve 12 - 18 people. Great for carry-in dinners.